Plans and Pricing
A fixed-wing private pilot seeking to add on a private helicopter rating is required to obtain a minimum of 30 hours rotorcraft flight training; 20 hours dual and 10 hours solo.
- Aircraft Rental* (31 hours)
- Instruction (30 hours)
- FAA Check Ride (paid to examiner)
- *Hours are based on student averages not minimum hours required. Instruction includes flight instruction, ground instruction, and pre/post briefing. Aircraft rental based on block rate.
What Our Students Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our students do the talking!
“I absolutely CANNOT say enough good things about this operation! Just got my CFI from them, and had fun doing it (which I’m told is not a common phenomenon). It took minimal time, and the cost was about what you’d expect to pay at American Flyers, or ATP for CFI. However, the quality of training you will receive here will far exceed the standard of the “pilot mills”. Larry was my primary instructor but I also flew with Josh, Durant and Mike, all of whom were very knowledgeable and professional (in addition being “down to earth”, and cool). Look no further than these guys for all of your flight training needs! They’re awesome!!!”Damian W.
“Tampa Bay Aviation is an excellent operation. My son did his flight training here last summer and earned his Private Pilot License, and it inspired me to learn to fly as well. The instructors are excellent, the aircraft are up to date and the staff is friendly and helpful. We have recommended them to several friends and they have had excellent experiences as well. Overall, it is a great place to fly. i HIGHLY recommend it!”Eric M.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible to get a pilots license?
- Be at least 17 years old.
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
- Pass a required knowledge test.
- Pass a required oral and practical flight test administered by a FAA designated examiner.
- Hold either a student or sport pilot certificate.
- Get a Third Class Medical Certificate.
How much time with it take?
IN THE AIR - The FAA requires a minimum of 40 Hours Total Flight Time with 20 Hours Flight Instruction. However, many students require more time. There’s no rush and we won’t push you to complete your training until you’re ready. Our students average around 50 total hours of training.
ON THE GROUND – 35 Hours Ground Instruction
Pork loin bresaola jowl shankle jerky. Pig cow landjaeger ribeye venison leberkas. Alcatra andouille burgdoggen ball tip, pork belly prosciutto beef ribs pork chop ham hock biltong leberkas meatloaf. Pork belly short ribs pork chop, t-bone rump andouille jerky ground round pastrami kevin turkey brisket.